General Information About Goa
- Think of Goa, and think of a coastal retreat with sights of gleaming sands and azure waters with a shimmering sun in the backdrop. A lush green landscape edges the golden coastline, which overlooks the scintillating seas in the beach capital of India. Although the smallest state in the country, Goa is one of the nation’s biggest tourist destinations.
- Tourists typically know Goa as North and South Goa; the former being the place to be if you’re looking forward to a “happening” holiday, and the latter, if you need a more relaxing respite from your hectic lifestyle. Whether you’re planning a family holiday, a quick weekend getaway with friends or looking to spend some cherished moments with that special someone, Goa has all the ingredients for a perfect holiday recipe.
Water Sports are Very Famous In Goa
- Indulge in water sports: Diving, catamaran sailing, jet skiing, parasailing and windsurfing keeps your heart racing as you test the waters and let out the adventurer in you. There are plenty of water sports operators in Goa, especially in North Goa, and you can identify them by the herd of water scooters and boats parked in one corner of the beach.
- Go on a dolphin spotting cruise: Dolphin watching tours are a popular activity in various parts of the Mandovi River and are especially popular at Sinquerim beach alongside Fort Aguada. Operators gather tourists in groups of 4 or 6, who hop on to a boat and venture out about a couple of kilometres into the sea to watch the dolphins circling in action.
- Try your luck at one of the casinos: A visit to one of Goa’s several casinos should be on your to-do list as Goa has some exceptional avenues to put your stakes on. The casinos feature several games like slots, roulette, poker, flush baccarat and more along with live entertainment and occasionally unlimited food and drinks. Even if you’re not a big gambler, cruising on the high seas is a great way to relax. Some casinos you can head to are Caravela (a one-of-its-kind floating casino, anchored on the Mandovi River in Panjim), Casino Carnival (Goa Marriott, Miramar) and Casino Royale (a floating casino on the Mandovi River in Panjim).
Culture of GoaThe smallest state of India needs no introduction because this honeypot tourist destination attracts over 63 hundred thousand visitors every year! A former Portuguese colony, Goa is also fondly known as the 'Rome of the East'. Goa as we know it is exactly how anyone in the country would describe it too, beaches, endless parties, exciting nightlife and surreal nature at its best. Inhabited and colonized by the Portuguese for almost 450 years, the state has an inherent influence on their culture and traditions. Spawned over a land area of 3702 km square with the Arabian Sea cradling its coastline, this destination experiences tropic weather conditions almost all through the year. Since everyone already knows of Goa's colorful nightlife, here is a little throwback to the rich history that the state also boasts of.
History of GoaBesides being colonized by the Portuguese, Goa has a fascinating historical past, which dates back further to the 3rd century BC. A prominent part of the Mauryan Empire, Goa was of prime importance because of its natural harbors and wide river base. Only in 1987 did Goa get the status of an independent state and the regional language Konkani was recognized as one of India's official languages. Despite the multi-cultural influences on Goa, the state still boasts of a distinctive culture, which makes the destination an affable one.
The smallest state of India, Goa harbors some of the most exciting nightlife options in the country. Goa nightlife livens up with dizzy neon lights, great music, delectable food that makes for the perfect ambience you'd wish for. While the nightlife in Goa undoubtedly beats that of the other states of the country, that's not all of what it entails. Goa is a perfect infusion of varieties, and it quite literally has something for everyone to do at night. So, be it crazy partying with people from different continents, playing your luck at the casinos or having a beach-side bonfire-barbeque night, Goa has everything that you can think of under nightlife. And we have got you covered for all these and more. Here is a compilation of 'Must do things in Goa at night' or the Goa nightlife essentials! Night Clubs in Goa