4 Nights & 5 Days
A gift of the Himalayas to the world, Manali is a beautiful township nestled in the picturesque Beas River valley. It is a rustic enclave known for its cool climate and snow-capped mountains, offering respite to tourists escaping scorching heat of the plains. Manali is a resort town nestled in the mountains of the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh near the northern end of the Kullu Valley in the Beas River Valley.
Manali is named after the Sanatan Hindu lawgiver Manu. The name Manali is regarded as the derivative of ‘Manu-Alaya’ which means ‘the abode of Manu’. Legend has it that sage Manu stepped off his ark in Manali to recreate human life after a great flood had deluged the world. Manali lies in the North of Kullu Valley. The valley is often referred to as the ‘Valley of the Gods’. Old Manali village has an ancient temple dedicated to sage Manu.
The British introduced apple trees in the area. The first apple orchard was set up by the British near Patlikuhal, before this, no Apple trees grew in the area. To this day, apples— along with plum and pear— remain the best source of income for the majority of inhabitants. Both Rainbow and Brown Trout were also introduced into the rivers and streams of the area by the colonizers.
With the increase in disposable incomes and somewhat owing to the rise of disturbances in Kashmir in the late 1980s, Manali witnessed a surge in tourist traffic. This once quiet village was transformed into a bustling town with numerous homestays as well as the occasional boutique hotel. During the warmer summer months, cafes and restaurants can be seen doing brisk business.Less
• Arrive at the airport, drive towards Shimla
• Upon arrival at Shimla, check-in at the MKMT Recommended hotel
• Overnight stay at the hotel.
• After breakfast at the hotel, proceed for a half-day excursion to Kufri (2500 mt)
• Kufri is also renowned for other adventures activities such as skiing, tobogganing (sliding downhill on a sled), etc.
• Kufri has the oldest skiing slopes in Himachal Pradesh
• You can also take a hike or a take a Pony up to Mashu Peak
• In the afternoon, guests will be dropped at the Shimla mall road to explore the place
• Attractions of the mall road include Shimla Church, Scandal Point, Gaiety Theatre, Town Hall and shopping
• In the evening, the guests shall be transferred to their respective MKMT hotel for overnight stay
• After breakfast at hotel, depart for Manali
• Drive past Beas-Sutlej Link project, Pandoh Dam and Kullu Valley
• Lunch will be provided on direct payment basis
• Check-in to your MKMT hotel on arrival for an overnight stay
• After breakfast, the day is free to explore Manali locally
• Get Ready for the Snow point which is solang valley in the Manali Hills.
• The sport’s most commonly offered are parachuting, paragliding, skating and zorbing.
• Visit places like Vashishtha Kund, Hadimba Temple, Club House and Tibetan monasteries and mall road
• Overnight stay at the hotel in Manali
• Guest taking flights from Delhi and Chandigarh have to check out from the hotel early morning around 5:00 am
• You should book your flight after 10:00 pm as it takes 12 to 13 hours to reach Delhi from Manali
• After an early breakfast drive back to Delhi